Guidelines for Dealing with an Incident/Accident
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury regarding specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency paramedics.
- Contact the injured person’s partner/parent/guardian.